Getting Data In

How do I set the CRON job for scripted inputs so that the timezone is not UTC?

andrewtrobec
Motivator

Hello,

I have a scripted input with a CRON set to 50 5-23 * * * so that it "sleeps" between the hours of midnight and 6AM.  I noticed, however, that the script is "sleeping" between the ours of 2AM and 8AM.  After investigating I discovered that the CRON was running with UTC time standard and not my time zone, which is currently CEST.

How do I set it to run in line with my timezone instead of the UTC time standard?  With other objects like saved searches the timezone is retrieved from the account that owns the object, but with scripted inputs I don't see this option.

Thanks!

Andrew

Labels (2)
0 Karma

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi. Just reading this one.. so your scripted input doesn't really belong to a user the way a knowledge object like a savedsearch AFAIK. So I would imagine the cron schedule is based on the timezone of the server it runs on.

larry02

For some of the users,  the server limits the cron use.  EasyCron is an option. To those who don't know how to use crontab, EasyCron is a great alternative 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...