Getting Data In

How do I resolve this error: [SPLUNKD] Not Found?

ServiceNow_SecO
Observer

Hi,

I am using the Splunk version 8.2.8

when I am trying to open the setup page of Splunk Add-on : ServiceNow Security Operations Integration

Then i am getting below error on console

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 4.54.20 PM.png

 Can anyone please help on this?

Above error is not coming in Splunk version 9.0.2. Add-on working fine with this version.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

Brett
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The developer appears to be using the wrong REST URL

It should be
splunkd/__raw/services/TA-ServiceNow-SecOps_Setup

I would report this to customersupport@servicenow.com

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't typically start with the browser tools when working on issues with Splunk. At least not at first.

What is the actual issue in the Splunk UI? What is not functionally working the way you expect? How can someone reproduce this issue? Which app does this correspond to, including the link to that app on Splunkbase, so others can reproduce this? (There is no app on Splunkbase called "Splunk Add-on : ServiceNow Security Operations Integration"). Please be as specific as possible so others can help reproduce the questioned behavior.

I see there are 10 messages (upper right). What are they? What errors did you see in the _internal logs that were related to the issue you are experiencing.

0 Karma

ServiceNow_SecO
Observer

Hi @sloshburch 

Please see the below mention steps to reproduce the issue.

Step1 : download the Add-on - https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3921

Step2 : Install This Add-on in Splunk version 8.2.8

Step3 : Once installation succeed. Click on setup page link (see below screenshot)

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 3.12.45 PM.png

Step4 : Once clicked. open Developer tool and check the error in Console (see below screenshot)

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 3.16.22 PM.png

Actual Problem is related to call API

when we click on setup page one API is getting call from backend and its saying that not able to find that API thats why 404 error is coming.

Even though if you install same Add-on https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3921 in Splunk version 9.0.1, Its working fine. able to hit API and fetching the response.

Way how we are calling API From Javascript file

var endpoint = new splunkjs.Service.Endpoint(splunk_js_sdk_service, "/TA-ServiceNow-SecOps_setup/myinstance");

This above endpoint is properly configured in "restmap.conf" file and working fine in splunk version 9.0.1 as mentioned above

how we configured end point in restmap.conf file
[admin:sn_sec_instance]
match = /TA-ServiceNow-SecOps_setup
members = myinstance

[admin_external:myinstance]
handlertype = python
handlerfile = sn_instance.py
handleractions = list, edit, create
python.version = python3

we couldn't able to find any log in index="_internal" related to this issue.

Let me know, if further info required from my side
0 Karma

splunkian
Path Finder

I tested this on a Docker instance running Splunk 8.2.8 and by default the app loads fine with no error.

However, if I remove the web.conf from the app, then I get the exact error you are seeing.

Is it possible the web.conf file is missing or something with permissions is preventing Splunk from seeing the app's web.conf file on your 8.2.8 instance?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...