Getting Data In

How do I remove Splunk from my Mac?

leroygsmith

How do i remove splunk from my mac, including the spunk folder which reappears every time i send it to trash?

Tags (4)
0 Karma

fdi01
Motivator

to complete answer of Mr juvetm above
if your spunk folder is : splunk_home=/opt/splunk,
run this command .

$ sudo su  
 $ password
# cd /opt/ 
# remove -rf  splunk

to remove splunk and the spunk folder. onne time

0 Karma

juvetm
Communicator

hi leroygsmith
another possibility is to Uninstall Splunk Enterprise manually
if you can't use package management commands, use these instructions to uninstall Splunk Enterprise.

Note: These instructions will not remove any init scripts that have been created

1. Stop Splunk Enterprise.

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk stop
2. Find and kill any lingering processes that contain "splunk" in its name.
for macos
kill -9 `ps ax | grep splunk | grep -v grep | awk '{print $1;}'`
3. Remove the Splunk Enterprise installation directory, $SPLUNK_HOME. For example:
Note: For Mac OS, you can also remove the installation directory by dragging the folder into the trash.
4. Delete the splunk user and group, if they exist.

i think i will give you a link i think this may help this can also help you if the above step do not work
http://www.uninstallapp.org/uninstall-splunk-how-to-remove-splunk-from-mac-os-x-3

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...