Getting Data In

How do I ignore few keyword contained events at forwarder not to send?

sathiyasun
Explorer

I want to ignore few keyword contained events at forwarder level NOT at indexer.
 Below are the sample log: to Ignore if it finds "INFO OR WARN" messages in log file.
what it would be the file name & config  in UF to tell UF to ignore those events.

Please let me know the settings in UF level to ignore.

Ignore Contained "INFO/WARN"

2023-05-10 14:32:44,843 org:usbank-prod env:usb-prod PKI:YYY-system-Onull-v01 rev:2999 messageid:37166-20 policy:OAuthV2.VerifyKey giopudded-Main-0 INFO STEPDEFINITIONS

2023-05-10 14:32:44,843 org:usbank-prod env:usb-prod PKI:YYY-system-Onull-v01 rev:2999 messageid:37166-20 policy:OAuthV2.VerifyKey giopudded-Main-0 WARN STEPDEFINITIONS

Index only Error:-

2023-05-10 14:32:44,843 org:usbank-prod env:usb-prod PKI:YYY-system-Onull-v01 rev:2999 messageid:37166-20 policy:OAuthV2.VerifyKey giopudded-Main-0 ERROR STEPDEFINITIONS

0 Karma

glc_slash_it
Path Finder

Hi,

it will require a combination of props.conf and transforms.conf configs. Try these on a HF and restart it.

transforms.conf
[all_logs]
REGEX = .
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = indexQueue

[info_warn_discard]
REGEX = (INFO|WARN)
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue

props.conf
TRANSFORMS-routing = info_warn_discard, all_logs

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

UFs do not have the ability to filter data.  That requires a Heavy Forwarder (HF) and is done the same way as on an indexer.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...