Getting Data In

How do I get license usage per indexer using the Distributed Management Console?

mgh4
Explorer

I'm trying to use the licensing dashboard in DCM, splunk 6.4.1. For a 30 day by indexer it runs:

`dmc_licensing_base_summary(node065.serverfarm.cornell.edu," ")` | `dmc_licensing_summery_indxr(splunkmaster.serverfarm.cornell.edu, dmc_licensing_stack_size_srch, node065.serverfarm.cornell.edu, "", " ")` 

I get no results found.

node065 is the hostname, but the name in the configuration files, and what it returns in searches, is splunkmaster. If I replace node065 with splunkmaster it works fine.

The macro is using $host$. Where does that come from?

0 Karma
1 Solution

mgh4
Explorer

Settings->User Interface->views->license_usage*

It was looking up hostName and serverName and setting host=row.host. Changing it to row.serverName solved the problem. Of course I don't know what problems that might cause elsewhere in the app.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mbagali_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

License usage for last 30 days can be viewed by going through :

Settings > Monitoring console > Indexing > license usage >license_usage_30days

0 Karma

mgh4
Explorer

Settings->User Interface->views->license_usage*

It was looking up hostName and serverName and setting host=row.host. Changing it to row.serverName solved the problem. Of course I don't know what problems that might cause elsewhere in the app.

0 Karma

gopmister
Explorer

mgh4,

Doing the same did not help me. I am able to pull the License Usage Today, but not able to pull the license usage previous 30 days. I followed your recommendations and it did not help. Though settings in both are the same.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...