Getting Data In

How do I fix this Error in pre-deploy check, uri=?/services/shcluster/captain/kvstore-upgrade/status?

ssuluguri
Path Finder

Hi ,

I am getting below error when I ran "splunk apply shclusrer-bundle" on Deployer 

Error in pre-deploy check, uri=?/services/shcluster/captain/kvstore-upgrade/status, status=502, error=Cannot resolve hostname

Can anyone help what might be the issue 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ssuluguri
Path Finder

Issue has been resolved for now .

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It would be nice if you shared your findings so that others might benefit if faced with similar issue.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Verify the --target argument is correct and that DNS is working properly.  Try replacing the target's FQDN with its IP address.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

yeahnah
Motivator

Hi @ssuluguri 

To start with try checking the health of your SHC members.

Log on to a member and as the splunk user run (requires admin user:pass)

(will ask for your Splunk admin user:pass to run)

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk show shcluster-status 

and

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk show kvstore-status

Try and gauge the health of the SH cluster and it's kvstore from these outputs.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...