Getting Data In

How do I fix AWS Lambda HEC error when parsing?

lavster
Path Finder

I wonder if someone can help, we are getting the following error when trying to send data into Splunk, this previously worked but now we cant seem to get it working at all,  I have tried to curl the event manually and it succeeds, which is even stranger. The error message is

token name=xxxxchannel=********* source_IP=******reply=6events_processed=0http_input_body_size=101493parsing_err="While expecting event object to start: Unexpected character while looking for value: 'E', totalRequestSize=101493"

the event we are trying to send looks like this

{
    "time": 1663679182,
    "host": "test-sandbox",
    "source": "aws/lambda",
    "sourcetype": "aws:lambda",
    "index": "xxx-xxx",
    "event": {
        "message": "2022/09/20 14:06:22 node=test-sandbox Starting to move cantabm_testfile-9.zip from c21-metadata-dropzone-sandbox to c21-metadata-dest-sandbox/Metadata/cantabm_testfile-9.zip\n",
        "account": "11111111111"
    }
}

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...