Getting Data In

How do I add sample data to a cloud based trial instance?

bkenn07
Explorer

How do I add sample data to a cloud based trial instance?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

In Splunk Cloud on left side app list there is app called Universal Forwarder (or something similar). Just click it and it gives to you instructions how to install it and collect data from your local node to splunk cloud. 
r. Ismo

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried Settings->Add Data?

You also can set up a universal forwarder to submit files either by monitoring them or by using splunk add oneshot

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

bkenn07
Explorer

Thanks Rich! I am brand new and I have no data that I am prepared to upload to SPLUNK.  I am just exploring and I understood that in the trial mode, SPLUNK provided sample data could be used.  But I don't know how to get that.  It seems to be expecting a real stream from me. 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

AFAIK, Splunk Cloud does not provide sample data.  You should be able to use a Universal Forwarder to index data from your local workstation.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

In Splunk Cloud on left side app list there is app called Universal Forwarder (or something similar). Just click it and it gives to you instructions how to install it and collect data from your local node to splunk cloud. 
r. Ismo

bkenn07
Explorer

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...