Getting Data In

How can I import data from MySQL tables into Splunk assets ?

KleeJean
Observer

I have some data in MySQL , and I have DB Content in Splunk.

Now I want import MySQL data into Splunk assets , but I just find how import data from csv files .

I knew this documentation : Collect and extract asset and identity data in Splunk Enterprise Security - Splunk Documentation  , but I don't know how "Use Splunk DB Connect" for import data .

KleeJean_0-1660547961438.png

And , this page is null (v7.0.1) : Define identity formats - Splunk Documentation 

PS: Sorry for my bad English.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@KleeJean - I don't know if there is any better way to do this, but here is what will work for sure.

• Install DB Connect on the same search head as Enterprise Security. - https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2686/ 
  • Create a scheduled report (keep intervals according to how often you think data in the database is getting changed.)

| dbxquery query="<write-your-query-here>" connection="<dbx-connection>" 
| outputlookup my_sql_data.csv​

• Use my_sql_data.csv file as an Enterprise Security asset file.

I hope this helps!!!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk DB Connect is an app that can read data from a SQL database.  Download it from splunkbase and install it on a search head or heavy forwarder.  Documentation for DB Connect is at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...