Getting Data In

How can I eliminate logs before indexing?

monteirolopes
Communicator

Hi,

Someone can help me in filtering logs from Checkpoint before they are indexing?

I tried following that link: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/378972/how-to-filter-out-certain-events-from-checkpoint-d.html
but I think my REGEX doesn't work.

I need to ignore all events that the "message_info" field is equal to "Address spoofing", here is my props.conf and transforms.conf

props.conf:
[checkpoint:syslog]
TRANSFORMS-null= setnullCheckpoint

transforms.conf:
[setnullCheckpoint]
REGEX = message_info=Address spoofing
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue

Thank you!

0 Karma
1 Solution

solarboyz1
Builder

Assuming you are deploying the props.conf and transforms.conf to the indexers receiving the events.

I recommend removing the space between the attribute and values in your transforms.conf:

[setnullCheckpoint]
REGEX= message_info=Address spoofing
DEST_KEY= queue
FORMAT= nullQueue

View solution in original post

0 Karma

solarboyz1
Builder

Assuming you are deploying the props.conf and transforms.conf to the indexers receiving the events.

I recommend removing the space between the attribute and values in your transforms.conf:

[setnullCheckpoint]
REGEX= message_info=Address spoofing
DEST_KEY= queue
FORMAT= nullQueue

0 Karma

monteirolopes
Communicator

Hi Solarboyz

I deployed props.conf and transforms.conf (folder "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\system\local\") on the indexer with your recommendation, but the events still indexing...
props.conf:
[checkpoint:syslog]
TRANSFORMS-null=setnullCheckpoint

transforms.conf
[setnullCheckpoint]
REGEX=message_info=Address spoofing
DEST_KEY=queue
FORMAT=nullQueue

Follow example of the event that I want to ignore, you can see the "message_info" near in the end of event:

May 17 16:24:14 192.168.63.61 1 2018-05-17 16:24:12 ngse CheckPoint 16009 - [action:"Detect"; flags:"393216"; ifdir:"inbound"; ifname:"eth5"; loguid:"{0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0}"; origin:"x.x.x.x"; originsicname:"CN=test,O=srv-test..pn95kt"; sequencenum:"6"; time:"1526585052"; version:"5"; __policy_id_tag:"product=VPN-1 & FireWall-1[db_tag={375400D5-214D-9B4A-A0D3-A1947AFD59A0};mgmt=test;date=1526490675;policy_name=name]"; dst:"x.x.x.x"; message_info:"Address spoofing"; product:"VPN-1 & FireWall-1"; proto:"6"; s_port:"80"; service:"49153"; src:"x.x.x.x"; ]

0 Karma

monteirolopes
Communicator

I solved the problem.

The problem was on the REGEX, I changed to REGEX=message_info:"Address spoofing" and no more events with that message was showed

Thanks for your help!

0 Karma

solarboyz1
Builder

It appears you're trying to match a field, not a regex in the raw event.

The raw events has:
message_info:"Address spoofing";

I believe your regex should be:

[setnullCheckpoint]
REGEX= message_info:\"Address spoofing\"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...