Getting Data In

Having source ip from 3 sourcetypes, how do I combine them all in one field and table the results?

esmonder
Path Finder

I have source ips from 3 different log sources with 3 different field names.
I want to have all the values from the 3 sources to come under one (new) field so that i can table the new field for a dashboard
here is what i have done with coalesce, but doesn't seem to give me what i want.

(sourcetype=eStreamer priority=high) OR (sourcetype=incapsula CEF_Severity>=7) OR (sourcetype="symantec:ep:security:file"  severity=critical)
| iplocation src_ip 
| iplocation Source_address 
| iplocation src 
| where Country="Israel" 
| eval my_src_ip = coalesce(src_ip, Source_address,src)
| table _time, my_src_ip

src_ip and src has 21 values each, src has 4 values. but my_src_ip only has 4 values, where i should be expected 46 values
Obviously coalesce is the wrong command to use, but please point in the right direction! Thank you

0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi esmonder,
you can use coalesce function

(sourcetype=eStreamer priority=high) OR (sourcetype=incapsula CEF_Severity>=7) OR (sourcetype="symantec:ep:security:file"  severity=critical)
| eval my_src_ip=coalesce(src, src_ip, Source_address)
| iplocation my_src_ip 
| where Country="Israel" 
| table _time, my_src_ip

Bye.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi esmonder,
you can use coalesce function

| eval my_src_ip=coalesce(src, src_ip, Source_address)
| iplocation my_src_ip 
| where Country="Israel" 
| table _time, my_src_ip

Bye.
Giuseppe

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this

| rename src_ip as src, Source_address as src
 | iplocation src 
 | where Country="Israel" 
 | table _time, src
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...