Getting Data In

Get count of top level keys from JSON?

Pramodkuber
Engager

my Splunk logs looks like below. Total keys could change based on use case. I need to get exact number of keys from below data and then what is the max key count among those. Please guide me here.

{
   level: INFO
   logger_name: com.123.logging
   process: NA
   requestId: 1234567
   attribute: email
   criteria: value
   path: aa.bb.cc
   service_name: SERVICE_NAME
   thread_name: h1234567
   timestamp: 2020-09-26T07:33:53.451Z
}

Labels (2)
0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you mean "keys" as in, your example, 'level', 'logger_name', 'process', and so on?

If so, some variant of a search like

index=fw 
| fieldsummary 
| fields field, count
| search count>0 NOT field IN ("date*", "eventtype", "index", "linecount", "punct", "source", "sourcetype", "splunk_server", "splunk_server_group", "tag*", "timeendpos", "timestartpos")
| stats count

might do it.  You'll have to remove the "stats count" at the end to double-check that all the Splunk built-in fields are removed in that `NOT field IN ....` part of the search.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...