Getting Data In

Fundamentals 1 mod lab 4

jmusseman
Loves-to-Learn

Hello,

I am trying to complete the lab on module 4 of the the splunk fundamentals 1. I am trying to add a data file i downloaded for the lab and everything works fine until i get to the review segment. I upload the file, it gets to 100%, and then it just says processing and never actually processes. My splunk instance has a red exclamation mark next to disk space & Tail reader. I cleared up disk space yesterday when it had a yellow exclamation mark next to it and have 4.66gb free. I just want to complete this course and calling customer service was useless. 

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Karma

nyc_jason
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello, This sounds like you are using a local copy of splunk. If so, the default minimum disk free space needed for Splunk to index data is 5GB. See here to change this setting:  

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.4/Indexer/Setlimitsondiskusage#Set_minimum_free_dis...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...