Getting Data In

Free trial forwarder problems

amir_ma
Loves-to-Learn

Hi,

I am using a free trial of splunk and I am facing two mean problem when using forwarders (heavy and universal).

Thanks. 

splunk_2.png

Labels (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @amir_ma,

let me understand:

• you have an Indexers (amir-X55LDB) with a free license,
  • you have an Heavy Forwarder that gives two messages you shared,
  • you have an Universal Forwarder that gives the first message you shared;

is it correct?

The first message says the the Forwarders don't reach the Indexer, you can test the connection using telnet from the Forwarders:

telnet <ip_indexer> 9997

maybe it's closed the firewall on  network or on Indexer, or maybe indexer is in a different network than Forwarders and it its'n reachable; anyway check connections.

I didn't see the second message, but probably is related to the free license, anyway, if you  solve the first problem I think that also the second will be solved.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...