Getting Data In

Forwarding remote WMI information

fnsbsd

I need to configure a universal forwarder to remotely collect WMI information (eventlogs) from various Windows hosts, and then forward that information to my indexer. I have the universal forwarder up and running, and it is successfully forwarding local information to my indexer.

I believe I need to write a WMI.conf file, but I don't know what to put in it. Can someone post an example of what it should look like, or tell me if I should be using a light forwarder instead?

Thank you.

0 Karma

MarioM
Motivator

if you download to your UF the Splunk for Windows technology add-on it has, in default folder, a wmi.conf with examples ie:

[WMI:LocalSecurity]
interval = 10
event_log_file = Security
index = default
disabled = 0

[WMI:LocalProcesses]
interval = 30
wql = SELECT Name, IDProcess, PrivateBytes, PercentProcessorTime FROM Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfProc_Process
index = default
disabled = 0
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...