Getting Data In

Flashtimeline renders events at wrong time for users in different timezones

nclarkau
Path Finder

We have users that are in another timezone (30 minutes off the servers) and events in their flashtimeline are appearing in local time instead of the real time. So events that occur at 9am are rendered in the flashtimechart as occuring at 8:30am. This does not align with the timerange or the result list.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

nclarkau
Path Finder

Hmmm maybe I should check the latest releases before posting 😄

There are at least two timezone fixes, one of which seems to be the precise fix.

• Server time zone is not being properly applied to flash charts. (SPL-30950)
  • If client and server are in different timezones, drill-downs create the wrong epochtime timerange. (SPL-31220)

http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/latest/ReleaseNotes/4.1.3

View solution in original post

nclarkau
Path Finder

Hmmm maybe I should check the latest releases before posting 😄

There are at least two timezone fixes, one of which seems to be the precise fix.

• Server time zone is not being properly applied to flash charts. (SPL-30950)
  • If client and server are in different timezones, drill-downs create the wrong epochtime timerange. (SPL-31220)

http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/latest/ReleaseNotes/4.1.3

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Well, to be fair, the bug with the time zone in the flash charts has been there since 4.0 came out and the fix was released yesterday.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...