Getting Data In

Filtering local input data - problem

btester

I have been trying for 2-3 days to get windows event log data to be filtered, and specifically dump a certain event id. After hours of attempts I decided to just get ALL event log data to dump to nullQueue and yet none of my attempts have been successful.

I have read several threads on the splunk site on how to setup nullQueue forwarding, but I am missing something. If anybody can shed light on this it will be appreciated.

In my current config %SPLUNK%\etc\system\local

In props.conf

[WinEventLog:Security]
TRANSFORMS-null = nullevent

in transforms.conf

[nullevent]
REGEX = .
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue

I have also tried in props.conf

[wmi]

[source::WinEventlog:Security]

however my security events continue to come in. This is a test only, once I am sure all events are being filtered I will seutp appropriate regex statements to filter out unnecessary data.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

wollinet
Path Finder

Despite what's mentioned in the documentation, I think you need REGEX = (.). I had a similar problem in a different scenarion and it seems that transforms only work if they have a matching group.

0 Karma

MarioM
Motivator

did you try to add (?m) in front of your regex and restart splunk services? Example: In props.conf:

[WinEventLog:Security]

In transforms.conf

[nullevent]
REGEX = (?m)^EventCode=(592|593)
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...