Getting Data In

Filter Origin from LEA_OPSEC Input

simuvid
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi all,

I have posted a similar question before, but I think I was not specific enough.

What I mean is, when getting events as a data input from Checkpoint Devices, include by using LEA_OPSEC, all of these events are listed and shown as one host and source. In the events listing I see multiple different origins of the events, so my question is:

Is there a possibility to filter these different origins, before indexing them, to display them by as source or host related to their origin?

Hope that is a bit clearer 🙂

Cheers,

Christian

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mmletzko
Path Finder

Christian,

You can add a "host = " line in your /opt/splunk/etc/system/local/inputs.conf file. It would look something like this:

[script:/opt/splunk/etc/apps/lea-loggrabber-xxx_xxx/bin/lea-loggrabber.sh]
host = xxx_xxx
interval = 60
sourcetype = opsec
disabled = false

After making the change, stop/start splunk and you should see the host now showing up instead of the name of the box this is configured on.

-Matt

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mmletzko
Path Finder

Christian,

You can add a "host = " line in your /opt/splunk/etc/system/local/inputs.conf file. It would look something like this:

[script:/opt/splunk/etc/apps/lea-loggrabber-xxx_xxx/bin/lea-loggrabber.sh]
host = xxx_xxx
interval = 60
sourcetype = opsec
disabled = false

After making the change, stop/start splunk and you should see the host now showing up instead of the name of the box this is configured on.

-Matt

0 Karma

simuvid
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for your reply!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Platform | Upgrading your Splunk Deployment to Python 3.9

Splunk initially announced the removal of Python 2 during the release of Splunk Enterprise 8.0.0, aiming to ...

From Product Design to User Insights: Boosting App Developer Identity on Splunkbase

co-authored by Yiyun Zhu & Dan Hosaka Engaging with the Community at .conf24 At .conf24, we revitalized the ...

Detect and Resolve Issues in a Kubernetes Environment

We’ve gone through common problems one can encounter in a Kubernetes environment, their impacts, and the ...