Getting Data In

Few Events indexing with wrong time stamp

rangineniarunku
Explorer

I can see that few events for some of the sources are indexing with wrong timestamp(both month and date are swapping), what I mean is events of Jul7th are indexing into Feb 2nd and happens only for few days and again sets back to correct time stamp and vice versa.

Is there any chance we can fix it and get the wrongly indexed events into correct timestamp back again.

My events and props.conf(at indexer) is as follows.

02/07/2017 09:14:40 |....|........

[sourcetype]
disabled=false
TIME_FORMAT=%d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S

Can anyone help me with this?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This happens when you do not tell splunk everything about your timestamps and you allow it to try to figure it out automatically. You must, at a minimum, use TIME_FORMAT (so you are on the right track). You need to deploy this to your indexers and restart all splunk instances there. Even so, only events that are indexed after the change will be effected: old broken events will stay broken.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...