Getting Data In

Expired key microsoft 365 app

splunkcol
Builder

I have configured the APP for microsoft 365 which was working properly but it stopped working and after checking it was found that one of the keys or certificates had expired.

I contacted the administrator asking him for the "Client Secret" and he gave me the information but he also asks for the "Cloud App Security Token" field and I really have no idea what information I should ask the administrator for.

I would be grateful if you could explain me if it is possible.

Thanks

splunkcol_0-1702484874304.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I haven't check this for some time, but at least earlier that could be empty. See https://data-findings.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/M365-app-and-TAs-2023-03-15-sanitised.pdf page 13.

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

rajd2024
Observer

@splunkcol  the update of plugin worked - your reply helped my friend. I wish you the best.

0 Karma

rajd2024
Observer

Hi @splunkcol  what was your fix? We have exact same issue. Its a mandatory field as soon we update the secret key - and doesn't allow save. 

0 Karma

splunkcol
Builder

Hi, forgive my English, I'm using a translator.

About the problem it is better that you send a ticket to Splunk directly, it seems to be a bug in the end I gave up because whenever they ask about the version of splunk they always make the excuse that they do not support old versions of Splunk, in this case although it is true that I was using an old version of Splunk clearly the problem was the add-on.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I haven't check this for some time, but at least earlier that could be empty. See https://data-findings.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/M365-app-and-TAs-2023-03-15-sanitised.pdf page 13.

r. Ismo

splunkcol
Builder

Thank you very much for your valuable help, you are right the field below should be optional but for some reason it is a mandatory field.

I will send a ticket

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...