Getting Data In

Event annotations getting truncated?

pkol
Explorer

Hey guys,
I have been trying to add some event annotations to my line graph but keep getting the following error on the panel:
"[annotation] The results are truncated (1000 of 2379 have been fetched)"

The exact search has been used previously in another panel(not for event annotations) and the data shows up in a different visualisation with no problem.
This is my subsearch which is exactly the same for the "annotation" search.

<search base="transac_base" id="pie">
          <query>| where source=$app_source$
| eval status=if(like(_raw,"%OK%"),"Success",if(like(_raw,"%FAILED%"),"Fail",if(like(_raw,"%already%"),"Running","Timed out/still running")))
|stats count by status</query>

Please HELP!!

0 Karma

cstump_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The limitation is set in visualizations.conf:

[area]
data_sources.annotation.params.count = 1000

[column]

[line]

Notice there is limit for each chart type that supports annotations. Since you are working with a line graph, you will want raise the limit in the '[line]' stanza. 

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Show us your base search.

0 Karma

pkol
Explorer

Hi, this is my base search :

index=synthetic sourcetype=synthetic source = *|fields *|transaction startswith=running by source

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...