Getting Data In

Error when connecting to local Kubernetes cluster from Splunk App for Data Science and Deep Learning

sschimper
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

I am having a local minikube Kubernetes cluster set up. Furthermore, I want to setup the Splunk App for Data Science and Deep Learning, to be able to interact with my local Kubernetes Cluster. On the setup page, I provide the information in the input field as shown in the screenshot below. For the Cluster CA, Cluster Certificate and Client key, I am using the contents of the files in ~/.minikube/certs .

k8s_input.png

When I click the "Test & Save" button, I receive the following error message: 

Exception: Could not connect to Kubernetes. HTTPConnectionPool(host='10.96.143.124', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: //version/ (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f391087acd0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 110] Connection timed out'))

I know that this means Splunk is having troubles connecting to my local cluster. But unfortunately I feel I reached a dead end, and I am not sure how I can fix this issue.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

PS: Here is a screenshot of the error message:

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 17.09.23.png

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sschimper
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

After a while I realised that minikube is a tool that is meant for deploying K8s locally, and exposing the deployed cluster to the internet - if it can be done at all - is ton-trivial, at least for me. 

I am now working with AWS EKS as an alternative K8s environment. 

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sschimper
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

After a while I realised that minikube is a tool that is meant for deploying K8s locally, and exposing the deployed cluster to the internet - if it can be done at all - is ton-trivial, at least for me. 

I am now working with AWS EKS as an alternative K8s environment. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...