Getting Data In

Error when connecting to local Kubernetes cluster from Splunk App for Data Science and Deep Learning

sschimper
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

I am having a local minikube Kubernetes cluster set up. Furthermore, I want to setup the Splunk App for Data Science and Deep Learning, to be able to interact with my local Kubernetes Cluster. On the setup page, I provide the information in the input field as shown in the screenshot below. For the Cluster CA, Cluster Certificate and Client key, I am using the contents of the files in ~/.minikube/certs .

k8s_input.png

When I click the "Test & Save" button, I receive the following error message: 

Exception: Could not connect to Kubernetes. HTTPConnectionPool(host='10.96.143.124', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: //version/ (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f391087acd0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 110] Connection timed out'))

I know that this means Splunk is having troubles connecting to my local cluster. But unfortunately I feel I reached a dead end, and I am not sure how I can fix this issue.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

PS: Here is a screenshot of the error message:

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 17.09.23.png

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sschimper
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

After a while I realised that minikube is a tool that is meant for deploying K8s locally, and exposing the deployed cluster to the internet - if it can be done at all - is ton-trivial, at least for me. 

I am now working with AWS EKS as an alternative K8s environment. 

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sschimper
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

After a while I realised that minikube is a tool that is meant for deploying K8s locally, and exposing the deployed cluster to the internet - if it can be done at all - is ton-trivial, at least for me. 

I am now working with AWS EKS as an alternative K8s environment. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...