Getting Data In

Error on Configure application receivers for monitoring » Nagios "found unknown escape character"

fongpen
Path Finder

Nagios — Splunk Observability Cloud documentation

Please assist as I not able to start OTEL service due to the error  "found unknown escape character".

Below is the script and how to escape the character in the argument? 

"LC_ALL=\"en_US.utf8\" C:\Program Files\NSClient++\check_nrpe -H pool.ntp.typhon.net"

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try escaping the backslashes

"LC_ALL=\"en_US.utf8\" C:\\Program Files\\NSClient++\\check_nrpe -H pool.ntp.typhon.net"

View solution in original post

fongpen
Path Finder

Thanks. It is working and I managed to bring up OTEL.

Unfortunately it return 3 = unknow state. 

receivers:
smartagent/nagios:
type: nagios
command: "LC_ALL=\"en_US.utf8\" C:\\Program Files\\NSClient++\\check_nrpe.exe -H 127.0.0.1 -c check_cpu"

cmd : C:\Program Files\NSClient++>check_nrpe.exe -H 127.0.0.1 -c check_cpu
OK: CPU load is ok.|'total 5m'=7%;80;90 'total 1m'=8%;80;90 'total 5s'=5%;80;90

0 Karma

fongpen
Path Finder

Hi,

I managed to found the issue for unknow state(3), need to add "" for "Program Files":- 

receivers:
smartagent/nagios:
type: nagios
command: C:\\"Program Files"\\NSClient++\\check_nrpe.exe -H 127.0.0.1 -c check_cpu"

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try escaping the backslashes

"LC_ALL=\"en_US.utf8\" C:\\Program Files\\NSClient++\\check_nrpe -H pool.ntp.typhon.net"
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to July and August Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Dive into our sizzling summer lineup for July and August Community Office Hours and Tech Talks. Scroll down to ...

Edge Processor Scaling, Energy & Manufacturing Use Cases, and More New Articles on ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Get More Out of Your Security Practice With a SIEM

Get More Out of Your Security Practice With a SIEMWednesday, July 31, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ETREGISTER ...