Getting Data In

Error configuring Hadoop Connect on Windows.

billfriese
Explorer

I installed HortonWorks and the latest version of Splunk on the same Windows 2008 Server VMWare machine. Within Splunk Web, I installed the latest Hadoop Connect for Windows. When I add a new HDFS Cluster, it is telling me that it "Cannot find Java command under bin directory JAVA_HOME='C:\java\jdk1.6.0_31\'. I know this is the correct directory for I can navigate to that directory on that machine and that directory does have a 'bin' directory with all the java executables. I also tried to reformat the JAVA_HOME entry field to be any of the following:
C:\java\jdk1.6.0_31
\java\jdk1.6.0_31
\java\jdk1.6.0_31\
C:/java/jdk1.6.0_31/
C:/java/jdk1.6.0_31
/java/jdk1.6.0_31
or
/java/jdk1.6.0_31/
and it still gives the same error.

What am I to enter to make this work?
Thanks, Bill.

0 Karma

techdiverdown
Path Finder

In the configuration section you should have the following:

• namenode (x.x.x.x:8020) where x.x.x.x is your namenode ip
  • hadoop home (/opt/hadoop-2.2.0 on my centos box, this is the base directory where your hadoop client is installed)
  • java home (/usr/local/java/jdk1.6.0_31/ for me, your should be something like this:
  • C:\Program Files\Java\jre or wherever you root java install is.
0 Karma

slierninja
Communicator
0 Karma

billfriese
Explorer

I did as instructed.
UDFS URI: 192.168.195.130:8020
HADOOP_HOME: C:\hdp\hadoop-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009
JAVA_HOME: C:\java\jdk1.6.0_31
Namenode HTTP Port: 50070

The above directories are correct for I tested them in a Command Prompt and the HDFS URI is correct for the following works:
hadoop fs -ls hdfs://192.168.195.130:8020/

The entire error response I am receiving is:
Unable to connect to Hadoop cluster 'hdfs://192.168.195.130:8020/' with principal 'None': Invalid JAVA_HOME. Cannot find Java command under bin directory JAVA_HOME='C:\java\jdk1.6.0_31'..

What should I do to fix this error?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...