Getting Data In

Error: WinRegistryMonitor::configure: Failed to get configuration settings: 'Regex: number too big in {} quantifier'

nareerat_pr
Explorer

I found many errors from _internal log

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "D:\SplunkUniversalForwarder\bin\splunk-regmon.exesplunk-regmon - WinRegistryMonitor::configure: Failed to get configuration settings: 'Regex: number too big in {} quantifier'

Any ideas how to resolve this error?

0 Karma

Stefanie
Builder

Do you have any REGEX in your inputs.conf ? That's where I would look first.

0 Karma

nareerat_pr
Explorer

there are no any REGEX

this is my inputs.conf on uf

nareerat_pr_0-1650535329103.png

0 Karma

Stefanie
Builder

And that's the only inputs.conf located on your UF? Splunk-regmon is trying to be ran from some configuration. Were you actively monitoring the registry before this error started to pop up?

Take a look at this article: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/latest/Data/MonitorWindowsregistrydata

The inputs.conf file contains the specific regular expressions you create to refine and filter the Registry hive paths you want the Splunk platform to monitor.

It could be that the app is looking at the wrong inputs.conf and getting confused. 

Try running this command to look through all of your inputs.confs

D:\SplunkUniversalForwarder\bin\splunk.exe btool inputs list > ..\btool.txt

It will create a txt file for you to go through.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...