Getting Data In
Highlighted

Encountered the following error while trying to save: In handler 'tcpout-server': servername:9997, servername:9997, servername:9997, servername:9997, specified in incorrect format. Please specify in : form

Path Finder

I am trying to "Add new" in Forwarding and Receiving / Forward data. I simply want to add my Load Balanced Indexers, but it will not save / rather get the above error message. I know I can probably just edit the outputs.conf manually, but I don't understand why this won't work.
Ideas?

Highlighted

Re: Encountered the following error while trying to save: In handler 'tcpout-server': servername:9997, servername:9997, servername:9997, servername:9997, specified in incorrect format. Please specify in : form

Path Finder

Can anyone help with this?

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: Encountered the following error while trying to save: In handler 'tcpout-server': servername:9997, servername:9997, servername:9997, servername:9997, specified in incorrect format. Please specify in : form

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi shandman,

Just trust the UI like it said Enter host:port to forward data to. Data will be auto load balanced to each host:port. So if you want to add multiple servers, just add one by one and you will get an outputs.conf like this:

[tcpout]
defaultGroup = default-autolb-group

[tcpout-server://servername:9997]

[tcpout:default-autolb-group]
disabled = false
server = servername:9997,servername1:9997

[tcpout-server://servername1:9997]

I added first servername:9997 saved and added servername1:9997 as second.

Hope that helps ...

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Path Finder

Oh wow! Nice. The description in the documentation made it sound like you could enter them all in one go, separated by comma's. This makes sense. TY!!

0 Karma