Getting Data In

Each weekday's visitors broken down by hours

jason_hunsberge
Path Finder

I can get Splunk to show me that my weekday day of fewest visitors is Saturday for the last three months.

sourcetype=iis
| timechart span=1h dc(c_ip) as unique_ips
| eval hour_24 = strftime(_time, "%H")
| stats avg(unique_ips) by hour_24

I can also have Splunk show me that my hour of fewest visitors is 9p for the last three months.

sourcetype=iis
| timechart span=1d dc(c_ip) as unique_ips
| eval weekday = strftime(_time, "%w")
| stats avg(unique_ips) by weekday

What I would like to see is what the hour of fewest visitors is on all weekdays for the last three months. Is such a chart possible in Splunk? Ideally this would display in a timechart/linegraph format.

Any help would be appreciated in constructing the search strings.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can combine the two:

... | timechart span=1h ... | eval hour_24 ... | eval weekday ... | stats avg(unique_ips) by weekday hour_24

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can combine the two:

... | timechart span=1h ... | eval hour_24 ... | eval weekday ... | stats avg(unique_ips) by weekday hour_24

jason_hunsberge
Path Finder

perfect. thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...