Getting Data In

ERROR TailReader - Was unable to open file /path/to/app/string-eventlogfile-splunk.csv

sanjum
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hi Splunk folks,

I am getting the above errors with in  my _internals logs. 
nothing implies to me from this post https://community.splunk.com/t5/Getting-Data-In/Getting-Error-from-TailReader/m-p/356760
I have checked that file exits on host but UF is unable to read and send to indexers.
I have checked permissions, the header is same for all the file, and there are plenty of resources on the host and this is the only app running on the host where UF is running.
we have distributed deployment.

here comes the weird part....we miss some data(files) for few days and then it works fine for few days... so when we find the files which are not being ingested to indexers from UF, we manually touch the file from backend(which change the time stamp) and then we get success. but there too many to touch and so time consuming.

props.conf

[salesforce_csv_input]
TZ = GMT
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false
TRUNCATE = 60000
pulldown_type = true
INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS = csv
CHECK_FOR_HEADER = true
KV_MODE = none
category = Structured
NO_BINARY_CHECK = true
FIELDALIAS.....
FIELDALIAS.....
FIELDALIAS....
FIELDALIAS.....
FIELDALIAS.....
FIELDALIAS...

inputs.conf

[monitor:///path/to/app/*-eventlogfile-splunk.csv]
index = salesforce
sourcetype = salesforce_csv_input
disabled = 0
initCrcLength = 1024

Labels (4)
0 Karma

sanjum
Loves-to-Learn Everything

when we are missing data usually there is peak on warnings like this.
02-20-2021
01:59:49.493 -0500 WARN TcpOutputProc - Cooked connection to ip=###########:9996 timed out

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Happy CX Day to our Community Superheroes!

Happy 10th Birthday CX Day!What is CX Day? It’s a global celebration recognizing innovation and success in the ...

Check out This Month’s Brand new Splunk Lantern Articles

Splunk Lantern is a customer success center providing advice from Splunk experts on valuable data insights, ...

Routing Data to Different Splunk Indexes in the OpenTelemetry Collector

This blog post is part of an ongoing series on OpenTelemetry. The OpenTelemetry project is the second largest ...