Getting Data In

Dynamic lookup table

Sangu
Explorer

Hi,

I have request to create dashboard with user information, but that user information is provided by AD team, So I need to create a lookup table to access that information. Issue is that the user information may change everyday and AD team will give new excel sheet with updated info, so how can I update the lookup table automatically,

Otherwise I need to upload the csv file everyday to splunk which is not best option.

Please give some ideas, Can we replace that file from splunk server lookup directory? does that work or any other way to do this.

Thanks in Advance!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Sangu 

There is a solution here - Solved: How can I upload & Replace lookup files on a weekl... - Splunk Community

You need to replace the old CSV with new CSV on Splunk SH cluster/standalone. Above link having steps instead of direct replacement of file a safe approach.

---

An upvote would be appreciated if it helps!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...