Getting Data In

Duplicate labels causing conflict when importing Data from CSV for Dropdown Menu

curtisLJMU

Hello,

I am attempting to import data from a CSV file into a dropdown menu. In the CSV there is duplicate entries in the CUS_NAME column, however when I use the DEDUP function I can see in the results that the entries are no longer duplicated. When I put the below search into the drop down search string I get the error message "Duplicate labels causing conflict".

index="MYINDEX" host="MYHOST" source="MYSOURCE.csv" | dedup CUS_NAME

I am using Splunk Enterprise 6.2.2.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,
C

Tags (1)
0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Make sure you are specifying "CUS_NAME" as the <fieldForLabel> and <FieldForValuealue> fields of the drop down. Then, make your populating search this:

index="MYINDEX" host="MYHOST" source="MYSOURCE.csv" | stats count by CUS_NAME

Stats is much more efficient in removing dedups.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...