Getting Data In

Does Heavy forwarder forwarded events will undergo parsing on indexers

ankithreddy777
Contributor

my Heavy forwarder is forwarding events to Splunk indexers. Does link breaking , aggregation etc takes place on indexers again?
If not is there any way to make events to undergo parsing on indexers even though they already got parsed on Heavy Forwarders?

s2_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Why would you want to do that, what is your use case?

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk doesn't reparse the data at indexer once it's already parsed (cooked) at Heavy forwarder level. You can follow configuration from following post to enable reparsing at indexer.
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/224312/hf1-hf2-indexer-how-to-route-a-set-of-data-that-ha.html

Please note that you can't enable this setting for selected data/sourcetype, so if enabled, it will reparse all data that comes in.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...