Getting Data In

Dispatch Runner: This typically reflects underlying storage performance issues

verbal_666
Builder

Hi all.

I would like to know if there is a method to avoid displaying the boring messages,

[INDEXER] Dispatch Runner: Configuration initialization for /opt/splunk/var/run/searchpeers/81F8C272-511D-4FBA-A2EA-F87129051744-1625835689 took longer than expected (3260ms) when dispatching a search (search ID: remote_SH_xxx__xxx__xxx__xxx_1625837471.443922_07316CBA-2692-4C41-B9C4-89500E9141D2); this typically reflects underlying storage performance issues

inside the SearchHead(s) Environment, FROM Indexer(s) Environment.

System is up & running, heavy load, i know, and disks are very sollecitated.
This message is really annoing, i know it's not a blocking-warning (storage is under "stress"), since there are many dashboards with some panels in which the warnings completely break the visual layout.

I tried to search, but seems there's no "solution".

Any idea? I CAN'T upgrade storage and disks!

Thanks.

Labels (1)

verbal_666
Builder

OK, let's take back the argument... upgrading from 7.x to 8.x, new servers, new infrastructure... same annoying message... 🙄

We saw how to hide warning message icons in dashboards. Well, this is good!

Now, how to set a threashold for the ms or remove the message at all from UI?

It becomes very very annoying!!! 😑

0 Karma

verbal_666
Builder

If someone else has the same problem, and the same annoying warning icon, it can by bypassed by hiding the corrispective css object,

<html><style>#style, .error-details {display: none !important;}</style></html>

For me, this way, makes the job 👍

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...