Getting Data In

Discard Windows Events and keep the rest

apro
Path Finder

Hi,

Had installed splunk on serverA and serverB and configured both as a forwarder to forward wineventlogs to splunk indexer.

I will like to filter out certain events(eg.540) and I tried doing this on the splunk indexer itself:

/opt/splunk/etc/system/local/props.conf
[WinEventLog:Security]
TRANSFORMS-null = setnull

/opt/splunk/etc/system/local/transforms.conf
[setnull]
REGEX = (?m)^EventCode=540
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue

Apparently it still doesn't work after doing a search the events are still shown:
host="serverA" EventCode=540

1) How do I filter out event code 540? Should it be done on the forwarder itself or splunk indexer?

2) How do I filter out event code 540, only on serverA and not serverB?

Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

apro
Path Finder

Not sure if anything yet but tried shifting the configuration to the forwarder itself now as mine seems to be a heavy forwarder.

Found this link to be useful: Where do I configure my Splunk settings?

Seems ok but am monitoring it.If it works, it solves my problem of filtering out event codes on one server but not another as well..

View solution in original post

aaronzabell
Path Finder

Did this ever start working for you?

0 Karma

apro
Path Finder

Not sure if anything yet but tried shifting the configuration to the forwarder itself now as mine seems to be a heavy forwarder.

Found this link to be useful: Where do I configure my Splunk settings?

Seems ok but am monitoring it.If it works, it solves my problem of filtering out event codes on one server but not another as well..

mgh4
Explorer

I've had the same problem. I can filter perfmon this way. I have a mix of heavy/universal forwarders and don't want to implement the filter on every windows heavy forwarder individually.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...