Getting Data In

Date

Khuzair81
Path Finder

I want to get the data only from yesterday Date is there anyway to write it in Query

Can i use  | where Date=-1d@d

I'm trying | eval today=strftime(now(), "%d")   | where Date=Today-1

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Khuzair81,

to take only the yesterday events, you have to add to your main search the time variables earliest and latest, something like this:

index=your_index earliest=-d@d latest=@d

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Khuzair81
Path Finder

Hi @gcusello there is field value in events like every day there are new events and some of them is updating from past few days so i just wanted the new events that came in yesterday. So i want to compare a field value with yesterday

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Khuzair81,

in this case you can use eval:

| eval yesterday_start=relative_time(now(),"-1d@d"), yesterday_end=yesterday_start+86400

in this way you have the time borders of yesterday (in epochtime) and you can transform your Date in epochtime and filter your events.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...