Getting Data In

Datamodels with Smartstore

7aurelius
Loves-to-Learn

I have an environment where I'm using a datamodel with the _internal index. My datamodel_summary is created in the path where my _internaldb is. Here is my index definition:

[_internal]
homePath   = /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/_internaldb/db
coldPath   = /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/_internaldb/colddb
thawedPath = /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/_internaldb/thaweddb
tstatsHomePath = /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/_internaldb/datamodel_summary

The documentation suggests that the tstatshomepath value cannot be used with smartstore. How do I define a datamodel with Smartstore otherwise?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

I think the wording is a little confusing, but "tstatsHomePath" allows you to dictate where this data is stored if you wanted to separate it from the rest of your index data, but importantly you do not have to specify a "tstatsHomePath"!

The wording in the spec file says that you should not configure this value for an index with remote storage, so this just means for a Smartstore index do not define "tstatsHomePath"  - the cachemanager will handle this for you.

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!

7aurelius
Loves-to-Learn

@nickhills  so how would I define the internal _index above in smartstore with a datamodel?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...