Getting Data In

Data not ingested for only a few days

ishugupta
Path Finder

I am facing a weird issue ,A particular file has only been ingested for 4 days day even though we we have been receiving it for last 10 days .
I looked the configuration , inputs.conf and props.conf , they are unchanged and the data got ingested yesterday as well .
I have gone through the logs on the forwarder as well .
Can you please tell me where I can look for error on indexers , or can there be any potential issue that someone can point out?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If the new file that gets placed there is "too similar" to the prior version, Splunk will refuse to index it on the belief that it already has. By "too similar" I mean "if the first <default> 256 bytes are the same". This size can be updated (see initCrcLength in inputs.conf).

ishugupta
Path Finder

we keep on placing new file each day.
I researched more , I checked the log on the indexer license_usage.log , I can see the entry there...still I cant pull up the file on the console..

0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

More information please:

Is ths new contents on the same filename (i.e. a complete replacement)?

Or is it continued additions to a single file? (i.e. same file growing larger day by day)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...