Getting Data In

Data could not be written:

bogdan_nicolesc
Communicator

I have searched high and low for an answer here and on web, but seems that i can't find a suitable answer.

Did anyone got this error while tring to get data in?

Data could not be written: /nobody/search/inputs/WinEventLog://System/start_from: oldest

I played a bit with System log of windows and at first i used the "Local event log collection" but then changed my mind and changed it to "Remote event log collections".

But yet again, first time, using "Local event log collection" i got older data too, second time using "Remote event log collections" i get only newer data.

What can i do to reset it? In what file should i look?

Thank you.

Labels (3)
0 Karma

bogdan_nicolesc
Communicator

Did all that and i get the same error.

0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @bogdan_nicolesc,

In order to reset the checkpoint you should delete below file on Windows host and restart Universal Forwarder service.

C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\var\lib\splunk\modinputs\WinEventLog\System
If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma

bogdan_nicolesc
Communicator

Would a pc reboot would do?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...