Getting Data In

DBConnect Inputs not indexing

madhav_dholakia
Communicator

Hi,

We are using Splunk Cloud and DBConnect App is installed on IDM. I have noticed that some of the DB Inputs stop indexing data after Splunk Cloud Monthly Maintenance Activity.

I first observed this on 22nd Dec - DBConnect version was 3.4.2

DBConnect was upgraded to 3.7.0 on 4th Jan and again after the Splunk Cloud Maintenance Activity on 10th Jan, some of the DB Inputs have stopped indexing data.

Can someone please suggest if this is an expected behavior for some specific types of DB Inputs (if yes, what?) and/or what logs I could check to analyze this issue further?

We are using MySQL and SQL Server DB Inputs.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Madhav

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

definitely this is not a expected behaviour.

I have noticed same kind of behaviour on OnPrem side in HFs where we have DBX installed. After update, it sometimes stop to working with rising type inputs. At least until now we have fixed those to release checkpoint and then Excecute SQL -> Next -> Save (or what was the final button?).

r. Ismo

madhav_dholakia
Communicator

thanks @isoutamo - I have observed the same, it works after manual update. I have now also disabled a large number of unused inputs as well so should be better during the next maintenance window. Thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing Data to Different Splunk Indexes in the OpenTelemetry Collector

This blog post is part of an ongoing series on OpenTelemetry. The OpenTelemetry project is the second largest ...

Getting Started with AIOps: Event Correlation Basics and Alert Storm Detection in ...

Getting Started with AIOps:Event Correlation Basics and Alert Storm Detection in Splunk IT Service ...

Register to Attend BSides SPL 2022 - It's all Happening October 18!

Join like-minded individuals for technical sessions on everything Splunk!  This is a community-led and run ...