Getting Data In

Count number of events from IIS logs.

tundeawe

I would like to group it by Country, source IP, destination IP, sum(cs_bytes), sum(sc_bytes) where the country is the United States and count is greater than 1000. So far I have the | | iplocation c_ip | where Country="United States". However, when I do the stats count by all the fields I get a count of 1.

It is meant to look like this:

Country | Source IP | Dest IP | sum(cs_bytes) | sum(cs_bytes) | count

United States | 10.x.x.x | 195.x.x.x | 25,222,222 | 5,565,454 | 4000

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@tundeawe, If you want to show communication between each c_ip and dest_ip, please try the following:

sourcetype=iis host=a OR host=B or host=C earliest=05/12/2018:0:0:0 earliest=05/13/2018:0:0:0
| stats count as EventCount sum(sc_bytes) as sc_bytes sum(cs_bytes) as cs_bytes by c_ip, dest_ip
| iplocation c_ip
| where Country="United States
| table Country c_ip dest_ip cs_bytes sc_bytes "Event Count"

If you want to show it only based on c_ip (without dest_ip or latest dest_ip or with a list of dest_ips, which seems to be the case based on dedup c_ip that you have performed)

sourcetype=iis host=a OR host=B or host=C earliest=05/12/2018:0:0:0 earliest=05/13/2018:0:0:0
| stats count as EventCount sum(sc_bytes) as sc_bytes sum(cs_bytes) as cs_bytes values(dest_ip) as dest_ip by c_ip
| iplocation c_ip

View solution in original post

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@tundeawe, If you want to show communication between each c_ip and dest_ip, please try the following:

| stats count as EventCount sum(sc_bytes) as sc_bytes sum(cs_bytes) as cs_bytes by c_ip, dest_ip
| iplocation c_ip

If you want to show it only based on c_ip (without dest_ip or latest dest_ip or with a list of dest_ips, which seems to be the case based on dedup c_ip that you have performed)

| stats count as EventCount sum(sc_bytes) as sc_bytes sum(cs_bytes) as cs_bytes values(dest_ip) as dest_ip by c_ip
| iplocation c_ip

tundeawe

thanks you!

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@tundeawe, I am glad you found this useful! I have converted my comment to answer. Please Accept to mark this question as answered!

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please share your query.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

If you're already doing a |stats before the | iplocation..., then you final statsshould say sum(count) not just count. As @richgalloway suggested, share you full query for better/direct answer.

0 Karma

tundeawe

| iplocation c_ip | where Country="United States
| eventstats c as "Event Count" sum(sc_bytes) as sc_bytes sum(cs_bytes) as cs_bytes by c_ip
| dedup c_ip

This is my query thank you very much!
@somesoni2 and @richgalloway

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...