Getting Data In

Confusion with sedcmd on an overided sourcetype

Tasos
Engager

Hello Team . I need an advice regarding an issue I experience.

I have a Heavy Forwarder witch collects data from eventhub with sourcetype mscs:azure:eventhub.

On HF level I transform the data from a specific provider to override the sourcetype from mscs:azure:eventhub to mscs:azure:eventhub:databricks. 
The format of the logs is json .
There is one filed in the logs  properties.requestParams which has the nested key values (depending the log everytime the key is different and not the  same keys for all logs ).

The field properties.requestParams  raw format is like "properties.requestParams" : "{\"KeyA\": \"valueA\" , \"keyB\":\"valueB\"}"

I want to remove the  double quotes before and after curly braces and the escape character .

My challenges are that the sedcmd  works only if I apply it on the HF in props for mscs:azure:eventhub  

and not in my new sourcetype  mscs:azure:eventhub:databricks and for some reason it brakes the format from the events with sourcetype mscs:azure:eventhub as well  which I don't want.

Any idea how to approach this issue ? 

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...