Getting Data In

Configuration of Universal forwarder sending log to Cluster master

gopankallazhy

Hello,

I have configured our cluster master to receive log in certain port and also configured the cluster master to forward to two indexer nodes.

Now we have universal forwarder installed in few servers from which we need to send the logs to cluster master instead of directly sending to two indexer nodes. Can I directly configure the output conf to point to the cluster master ip and receiver port?
or is there anything I need to configure specifically for this in cluster master?

Thanks,
Gopa

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Universal forwarders do not send data to Cluster Masters. They merely ask the CM for a list of indexers and then send the data to them. Do that by adding indexerDiscovery = <CMname> to outputs.conf file on each UF.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...