Getting Data In

Class question

stromingj

Run a search in the metrics index over the last 15 minutes. Use the stats command to find the middle number, the average and the most frequent occurrence of the field called "UsedBytes". Use an 'as' clause to rename all your fields. Split by users. Add column totals, customize your totals label, and place it underneath the user column. Finally, ONLY evaluate UseBytes that are MORE THAN the value of 0. 

My string didnt work  (index=metrics | stats mode(UsedBytes), avg(UsedBytes), median(UsedBytes) as Bytes

I am new to Splunk and need some assitance. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

I'm sorry.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

| tstats mode(UsedBytes), avg(UsedBytes), median(UsedBytes) as Bytes sum(UsedBytes) as totals where index=metrics by user

stromingj

Doesnt run.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New Case Study: How LSU’s Student-Powered SOCs and Splunk Are Shaping the Future of ...

Louisiana State University (LSU) is shaping the next generation of cybersecurity professionals through its ...

Splunk and Fraud

Join us on November 13 at 11 am PT / 2 pm ET!Join us for an insightful webinar where we delve into the ...

Build Your First SPL2 App!

Watch the recording now!.Do you want to SPL™, too? SPL2, Splunk's next-generation data search and preparation ...