Getting Data In

Cannot Login to Forwarder

pchukwuma

After installing the Forwarder, I cannot login to it. I have executed SPLUNK CLEAN ALL, but cannot login. I also tried placing the user-seed.conf in the etc/system/local directory, but I still cannot login. What am I missing?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

Paolo_Prigione
Builder

Was the admin's default password of "changeme" ever changed? If you can not figure out the password, then

1. stop the UF
  2. rename the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/passwd file

Now you have the default credentials (admin/changeme) back.

However, if you want to achieve similar results to clean all, then:

1. stop the UF
  2. rename $SPLUNK_HOME/var to something else
  3. rename $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users to something else
  4. start the UF
  5. if everything works fine, drop the renamed folders.

Ayn
Legend

How are you trying to login? What credentials are you using?

0 Karma

DaveSavage
Builder

When you say 'log in' you are trying to connect to it through the GUI? It doesn't support that. You can access it via the CLI and there is a rich thread on the commands at http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/CLIadmincommands (thanks Drainy 😉

0 Karma

pchukwuma

I am trying to login through the CLI. The Splunk Clean All is a CLI command.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...