Getting Data In

Can you help me display values from a CSV file in a report?

viji261992
Explorer

I have a .CSV file which has some threshold values. I want the values to be displayed in a report.

But, I also I want to do some changes to it, like I need to change the date format and then the values inside the .CSV file have to be displayed in a column.

I am new to Splunk.

Please help me with my query.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

iamarkaprabha
Contributor

You can use the inputlookup method over there. Ingest the csv file using inputlookup and you can join those fields of those csv files using join command with your existing SPL query.

View solution in original post

viji261992
Explorer

|eval uei = | input lookup filename.csv
I am getting error like eval command failed to parse the provided arguments

Uei is the column in that .CSV file which I want to show it in my report

0 Karma

iamarkaprabha
Contributor

Hi ,

You can try this method.
Write your SPL query in search head then |join type=left uei [ |inputlookup lookup.csv]

0 Karma

iamarkaprabha
Contributor

You can use the inputlookup method over there. Ingest the csv file using inputlookup and you can join those fields of those csv files using join command with your existing SPL query.

mstjohn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi @viji261992

Thanks for posting. Could you give us some more context for your query? You have a much better chance of getting your question answered if you provide more information about your issue. Plus, it will help guide future community users who are facing a similar problem.

0 Karma

viji261992
Explorer

I have a .csv file called bad in which some threshold values are there, I want those values to be displayed in the report in one of the column

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @viji261992, can you please elaborate what kind of report you want to show?

0 Karma

viji261992
Explorer

The report is already in place I want to do some changes in it like I need to change the date format, then the values inside the .csv file has to be displayed in the the column, I will share you the query screenshot please let me know what modification has to be done. I am new to splunk.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...