Getting Data In

Can we monitor .accdb file in Splunk?

sarahnazzar
Explorer

Hello Splunkers!!

Can anyone please share your thoughts on whether we can monitor .accdb files via Splunk i.e. Integrating MS Access in Splunk.. can we use Splunk DB Connect?

Thanks in Advance!! 

- Sarah

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk can monitor text files, which is not likely to be the case for .accdb files.

DB Connect might work, but Access is not a supported DB.  If you can find a JDBC driver for Access then give it a try on your test system.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

sarahnazzar
Explorer

Thanks for your response @richgalloway 

Checked the below link, but haven't installed yet. Any thoughts please?

https://www.cdata.com/drivers/access/jdbc/#:~:text=As%20a%20JDBC%20Driver%2C%20Access,connecting%20t...

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hard to say as they don’t tell their prices and we don’t know your needs and business case! I suggest you to ask their quote for your needs and if it’s reasonable then test it with their free trial with DB Connect.

r. Ismo

sarahnazzar
Explorer

Thanks for the response! @isoutamo  🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...