Getting Data In

Can't find "local event logs" option in splunk

obuobu

Hey, I installed splunk enterprise free trial on ubuntu server and this is the first time I am using splunk so I am following a video. I am having trouble locating "local event logs" option while adding data to splunk from a universal forwarder in windows server. I want to capture event logs from windows server to see in splunk. Please help me out as soon as possible.

Thank you.Screenshot 2024-04-23 025803.png

Labels (3)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @obuobu ,

let me understand:

• you have a Splunk Enterprise installed on Ubusntu,
  • then you have Splunk Universal Forwarder installed on a windows machine,
  • you want to see the logs from the Windows machine in Splunk,
  • is it correct?

At first did you configured your Splunk Enterprise Server to receive logs [Settings > Forwardering and Receiving > Receiving]?

Then, did you configured your UF (that I suppose it's installed) to send logs to the Splunk Enterprise Server?

Then did you configured the local inputs locally or using a Deployment Server?

for more infos see the ingestion process at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Data/Usingforwardingagents

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...