Getting Data In

Bug: tried to check/configure STData processing but have no pending metadata.

mnamestnik
Explorer

All, having issues getting some data into Splunk. I have a system that processes literally tens of thousands of CSV files every day. I am getting the error in the subject line with a passel of the files every day, nothing consistent or different than anything else, files of the same type/content do ingest while others don't with this error... Below are my props.conf and inputs.conf from the UF where I am doing all this work, hopefully someone out there can help me. I am wondering if it's because Splunk is trying to pick it up too quickly before it has data, or proper EOF entries, etc. but have no idea how to build in a delay to ensure the data is complete before trying. It appears once Splunk has tried once, it doesn't try to ingest it again, maybe even a setting that makes Splunk try more than once would be enough to make it work? Any help appreciated.

props.conf

[csv]
force_local_processing = true
DATETIME_CONFIG = NONE
CHARSET = AUTO

inputs.conf

[default]
host = <redacted>

[monitor://D:\IngestRoot\*\*]
disabled = 0
index = <redacted>
recursive = true
whitelist = .*SplunkIngest\.csv$
crcSalt = <SOURCE>

Labels (4)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...