Getting Data In

Azure connection concern

roopeshetty
Path Finder

Hi

I know there are many splunk add on's available to collect azure monitor metrics which collects the logs using app id, client id, directory and secret key.  My question is how these add on's actually authenticate and pulls these azure metrics, as azure these metrics can only be retrieved using bearer tokens. If we create bearer token in azure monitor its valid for only 24 hours. 

Actually we need to create some custom add ons to pull azure metrics, but unable to crack how to authenticate. Can some one please guide us.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @roopeshetty,

we're ingesting logs from Azure using two Add-Ons:

Following the above links you can find a detailed procedure to configure Azure to send logs to Splunk.

We configured the accounts on Azure to take logs and they are working from september without changing them, but I'm not sure that they are the same, for this reason I hint to follow the documentation.

If you're speking of something different, search in Splunk Baseline if there's some Add-On that can help you.

Only one attention, not all the logs and report are free in Azure, there's something that requires a dedicated license in Azure, so check this.

It's un'useful to ask help to Microsoft because they don't answer to any question if you say "splunk".

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...