Getting Data In

Add-on for Cisco Webex video conference

Lwoods
Path Finder

Hello,

I would like to find an add-on for my webex devices.  I know there's the Cisco WebEx Meetings Add-on for Splunk, but wanted to see what every one else is using.

The Cisco WebEx Meetings Add-on inputs.conf is

[general_service]
start_by_shell = false
python.version = python3
sourcetype = cisco:webex:meetings:general:summarysession
interval = 60
live = True
disabled = 0

[history_service]
start_by_shell = false
python.version = python3
sourcetype = cisco:webex:meetings:history:meetingusagehistory
interval = 86400
endpoints = []
disabled = 0

What does this configuration capture?   

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

meetmshah
Contributor

It's been a while I used that TA, however, I just had a test input created and below is the stanza that got generated - 

[history_service://Hello]
endpoints = LstmeetingusageHistory~LstmeetingattendeeHistory~LsttrainingsessionHistory~LsteventsessionHistory
index = main
interval = 86400
paging_interval = 1
paging_interval_unit = Day
start_time_start = 07/17/2023 23:59:59

So, I believe that based on the XML API inputs you select from inputs (there is an option to select what level of granular fields you want), sourcetype would be assigned.

Please hit Karma, if this helps!

meetmshah
Contributor

Hello @Lwoods, Yes you can use that TA. Here's the documentation that will help you - https://github.com/splunk/ta-cisco-webex-meetings-add-on-for-splunk/blob/master/README.md

One input is to get the general services and the other for Historical events (Interval should be 86400 / 24 hours or more for historical data)

Lwoods
Path Finder

That's where I got the input stanza info, but wasn't for sure if that would work.    Do I have to create separate input stanza for all these sourcetypes?

Lwoods_0-1689876899612.png

0 Karma

Lwoods
Path Finder
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...